About Whiffletree I-IV Neighborhood Association
There are numerous Whiffletree neighborhoods in Plano, Texas. However, the Whiffletree I-IV Neighborhood Association (WNA) is a residential subdivision comprised of 459 homes and is located near Buckhorn Park and Wells Elementary School, which is between Coit Road and Independence Pkwy; South of Spring Creek Pkwy and North of Parker Road.
Any resident of the Whiffletree I-IV neighborhood can become a member of the Neighborhood Association. It doesn't matter if you are renting or if you own your home. We welcome all residents. Neighborhood Association membership dues are only $15 per year per household and the benefits of membership are numerous.
Besides adding to the quality of life for the residents of WNA, a strong and active neighborhood association helps to ensure an awareness of issues which may affect our property values and safety. We hope you will join us in keeping WNA one of the very best neighborhoods in Plano. We also want to formally welcome all new residents and hope each of you finds caring neighbors and a friendly atmosphere that add so much to the quality of life here in Whiffletree I-IV.
Peanut Butter Drive Is Over – Thanks to all who contributed
The Peanut Butter drive which benefits the North Texas Food Bank (NTFB) took place during the month of September. Cash donations and jars of peanut butter and jelly from WNA residents were delivered to the NTFB.
Thank you to Pat Nelson, who coordinated this very worthwhile program for WNA; and thank you to everyone who contributed.
As you can see by the picture, WNA raised 83 pounds of Peanut Butter which equates to 69 meals for children. Did you know that NTFB serves up to 11,000 chronically hungry children each week through one of many programs (Food 4 Kids program). So, THANK YOU for your support.
The following volunteer positions need to be filled so if you are proud of our neighborhood, would like to know what's happening in and around our area, and would love to get to know more of your neighbors, please consider filling one of the following positions:
Block Captain Positions
Roles and responsibilities involve distributing the annual directory to dues paying members who live on your assigned street as well as helping to welcome new residents who move into one of the homes on your street.
Open positions for Block Captain include
- Laser Lane (4024-4033)
- Martingale Drive (3901-3913)
- Remington Circle (3604-3636)
- Seltzer Drive (3600-3633)
- Therondunn Court (3600-3629)
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in talking about any of the above open positions, please fillout the CONTACT US form. We'd love to hear from you.
|Dec ??||Annual Neighborhood Christmas Party; specific date not yet finalized|
|Oct 21||Fall Garade Sale; Specific - RAIN or SHINE|
|Sep 1-30||Peanut Butter Drive to benefit the North Texas Food Bank|
|Jul 1||Annual 4th of July Parade and Cookout|
|May 6||Spring Garage Sale (Rain or Shine)|
|Apr 1||Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Buckhorn Park beginning at NOON|
Regularly Scheduled Events
- BOARD MEETINGS - 7:15PM on the 3rd Thursday of each odd numbered month [Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov]
- LADIES BUNKO - 7:30PM on 2nd or 3rd Mondays of each month (Temporarily cancelled during COVID)
- POKENO - 7:15PM, Normally 1st Tuesday of each month (Temporarily cancelled during COVID)
Social Media Sites
Check it out: www.facebook.com/WhiffletreeNA
A private social network for our neighborhood community is called nextdoor.com. Here is a link to a short video that describes what nextdoor.com is all about: VIDEO INTRODUCING NEXTDOOR
The WELLS PLANO group on nextdoor.com is comprised of Parkway Estates, Whiffletree I-IV, Carriage Hills, and Kimberlea subdivisions. If you are not yet a member, go to nextdoor.com and join.
To Join nextdoor.com
- Go to the website: www.nextdoor.com
- Enter your residential street address and email address (note that a PO Box is not accepted)
- Select FIND YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD. You will automatically be assigned to your neighborhood
- Fill in all of the required fields
- Click SIGN UP
- Finally, verify your address and email address (You will receive an email from nextdoor.com containing a link to verify that this really is "you" who submitted the request)
You can also request to join the "WHIFFLETREE GROUP", which allows you to view and post items to only our neighborhood. To join this group:
- If you are using the nextdoor app, then tap MORE from the bottom menu and then tap GROUPS from the menu.
- If you are NOT using the nextdoor app, then on the left side of the nextdoor.com page, look for a subtitle called GROUPS and click on ALL GROUPS. This will show the groups that have been established within our area
- You can REQUEST to join various groups that are listed on this page.
Watering Guidelines (Nov 1 - Mar 31)
Lawns and outdoor plants require less water as we move to cooler temperatures. November 1 marks the date to dial back landscape watering and to enjoy the water-use cost savings.
Effective November 1, The City of Plano outdoor watering guidelines limit sprinkler use to the once-a-week schedule based on the last digit of your house number:
- Even numbered addresses (including zero) can water only on Thursdays.
- Odd numbered addresses can water only on Tuesdays.
The City of Plano also recommends that we follow these guidelines as well:
- Turn off automatic sprinklers. Once cooler weather arrives, most grasses go dormant until spring which reduces your lawn's need for water. Subscribe to WaterMyYard for customized weekly watering recommendations.
- Set your sprinklers to run between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. This is when the temperature is warmer.
- Don't plant cool season grasses. Ryegrass and fescues require extra water during winter.
- Avoid excessive water runoff and watering during rain, ice or snow. Runoff is prohibited because it leads to dangerous icing of streets and sidewalks.
- Only water if your lawn needs it. Just because it is your day to water doesn't mean you must water.
HOA Dues ($15/year)
To Pay by Check
Make a check payable to "WNA" in the amount of $15/year and mail to Charlene Ray, 3349 Remington Dr., Plano TX 75023.
To Pay by Credit Card or PayPal
A Credit Card or Paypal can be used to pay your annual HOA dues. To do this, click on the PAY NOW button (appears below).
To view the organization's BYLAWS, CLICK HERE.
To view current Deed Restrictions (Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions), CLICK HERE.