About Whiffletree I-IV Neighborhood Association
There are numerous Whiffletree neighborhoods in Plano, Texas. However, the Whiffletree I-IV Neighborhood Association (WNA) is a residential subdivision comprised of 459 homes and is located near Buckhorn Park and Wells Elementary School, which is between Coit Road and Independence Pkwy; South of Spring Creek Pkwy and North of Parker Road.
Any resident of the Whiffletree I-IV neighborhood can become a member of the Neighborhood Association. It doesn't matter if you are renting or if you own your home. We welcome all residents. Neighborhood Association membership dues are only $15 per year per household and the benefits of membership are numerous.
Besides adding to the quality of life for the residents of WNA, a strong and active neighborhood association helps to ensure an awareness of issues which may affect our property values and safety. We hope you will join us in keeping WNA one of the very best neighborhoods in Plano. We also want to formally welcome all new residents and hope each of you finds caring neighbors and a friendly atmosphere that add so much to the quality of life here in Whiffletree I-IV.
The following volunteer positions need to be filled so if you are proud of our neighborhood, would like to know what's happening in and around our area, and would love to get to know more of your neighbors, please consider filling one of the following positions:
Block Captain Positions
Roles and responsibilities involve distributing the annual directory to dues paying members who live on your assigned street as well as helping to welcome new residents who move into one of the homes on your street.
Open positions for Block Captain include
- Laser Lane (4024-4033)
- Martingale Drive (3901-3913)
- Remington Circle (3604-3636)
- Seltzer Drive (3600-3633)
- Therondunn Court (3600-3629)
- Whiffletree Drive (3312-3337)
Social Media and/or Newsletter Editor
If you use social media and can help post neighborhood-related items of interest on nextdoor.com or on our facebook page ... or if you have a talent for putting this kind of information together for a quarterly newsletter, then we'd love to have you become our Social Media guru.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in talking about any of the above open positions, please fillout the CONTACT US form. We'd love to hear from you.
|Dec 17||Whiffletree Annual Christmas Party (6:30 PM)|
|Jul 2||Independence Day Celebration ... (Details to come)|
|May 21||WNA Garage Sale (FREE Permit is required by City: https://ecop.plano.gov/GarageSales/ )|
|Cancelled||This year's Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Buckhorn Park has been cancelled|
Regularly Scheduled Events
- BOARD MEETINGS - 7:15PM on the 3rd Thursday of each odd numbered month [Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov]
- LADIES BUNKO - 7:30PM on 2nd or 3rd Mondays of each month (Temporarily cancelled during COVID)
- POKENO - 7:15PM, Normally 1st Tuesday of each month (Temporarily cancelled during COVID)
Social Media Sites
Check it out: www.facebook.com/WhiffletreeNA
A private social network for our neighborhood community is called nextdoor.com. Here is a link to a short video that describes what nextdoor.com is all about: VIDEO INTRODUCING NEXTDOOR
The WELLS PLANO group on nextdoor.com is comprised of Parkway Estates, Whiffletree I-IV, Carriage Hills, and Kimberlea subdivisions. If you are not yet a member, go to nextdoor.com and join.
To Join nextdoor.com
- Go to the website: www.nextdoor.com
- Enter your residential street address and email address (note that a PO Box is not accepted)
- Select FIND YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD. You will automatically be assigned to your neighborhood
- Fill in all of the required fields
- Click SIGN UP
- Finally, verify your address and email address (You will receive an email from nextdoor.com containing a link to verify that this really is "you" who submitted the request)
You can also request to join the "WHIFFLETREE GROUP", which allows you to view and post items to only our neighborhood. To join this group:
- If you are using the nextdoor app, then tap MORE from the bottom menu and then tap GROUPS from the menu.
- If you are NOT using the nextdoor app, then on the left side of the nextdoor.com page, look for a subtitle called GROUPS and click on ALL GROUPS. This will show the groups that have been established within our area
- You can REQUEST to join various groups that are listed on this page.
Watering Guidelines for Nov 1 - Mar 31
Plano residents and businesses are asked to only water a maximum of once per week from November 1 to March 31.
Use the last digit of your home address to determine when to water:
- Even numbered addresses (including zero) can water on Thursdays.
- Odd numbered addresses can water on Tuesdays.
Only water when needed and only water on your assigned watering day. You may not need to water if rain is in the forecast. Subscribe to WaterMyYard.org for weekly watering recommendations.
- Turn off automatic sprinklers now that cooler weather has arrived. Most grasses go dormant until spring, which reduces your lawn’s need for water.
- If watering is needed, set your sprinklers to run when the temperature is warmer, between 10 am and 6 pm, to avoid icing of streets and sidewalks.
- Planting cool season grasses, such as rye or fescue, is discouraged. These grasses require extra water during winter.
- Excessive water runoff and watering during rain, ice or snow is prohibited.
HOA Dues ($15/year)
To Pay by Check
Make a check payable to "WNA" in the amount of $15/year and mail to Charlene Ray, 3349 Remington Dr., Plano TX 75023.
To Pay by Credit Card or PayPal
A Credit Card or Paypal can be used to pay your annual HOA dues. To do this, click on the PAY NOW button (appears below).
To view the organization's BYLAWS, CLICK HERE.
To view current Deed Restrictions (Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions), CLICK HERE.